Edele Grey
Edele Grey, Veterinarian
Experience:  BSc, MVB
108243009

My dog has had diarrhoea since last night an has been

Hello! My dog has had diarrhoea since last night an has been vomiting today... she’s very lethargic and I can feel something in her stomach
JA: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: I don’t think so... she’s nearly two and she’s a Labrador

You're through to Dr. Edele, a UK based vet.

Sorry to hear about your dog being ill.

Could she have eaten something?

What does her stomach feel like?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Dr Edele,Thank you for responding so quickly! Yes she could very well have eaten something... we just moved to London last weekend, so she’s not used to all the food rubbish on the floor. It’s kind of like I can feel her intestines? But I don’t know if that’s what I’m feeling?
Thank you so much

That's no problem.

Does it feel hard or fluidy or gassy?

How is she in herself?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She’s very lethargic and not very steady on her feet ☹️Her stomach is soft but I Can feel like a hard tube in her stomach?

Ok, thank you for that.

It sounds like she may have eaten something that has gotten stuck in her tummy. You should contact your nearest emergency vets to have her examined, x-rays and possibly surgery to remove whatever it is.

If you want, you can give me your postcode and I can find you some nearby emergency practices

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That would be great thank you! It’s E1 2HLShould I take her straight away? Or so how she goes over night?Thank you so much for your help!

She needs to go straight away as some of these can perforate the intestine.

https://southlondonemergencyclinic.co.uk/(###) ###-####0976

This emergency clinic can offer an animal ambulance if you aren't able to travel with her in a car.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you!!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so so much! I’ll ring them now! Really appreciate your help

You're welcome, feel free to let me know how she gets on!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you! I will!

Good luck!