Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

I believe my hamster is unwell, his ear is drooping and one

Customer Question

Hi, I believe my hamster is unwell
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your hamster?
Customer: his ear is drooping and one eye is closed, and his butt is wet
JA: What is the hamster's name?
Customer: mochi
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mochi?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 1 month ago.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 1 month ago.

Have you seen any diarrhoea from him at all? Is he passing nornal faeces?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
His house yesterday evening was full of diarrhoea, I cleaned it out entirely and today there is nothing there, I believe he is
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 1 month ago.

OK. It sounds as if he may have 'wet tail' this is a serious infection which can often prove very serious if left untreated. I would recommend taking him to your vets as soon as possible as he ideally needs antibiotics ASAP to give him the best chance of recovery.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.