Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

We think our cat has ear mites and is in pain what can we do

We think our cat has ear mites and is in pain what can we do now
JA: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infestations the cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: The cats name is ***** ***** she’ll be 2 next month she’s a bengal
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Boo?
Customer: no she’s normally playful but she is hiding and in obvious pain

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Sorry to hear this. The two licenced treatments for either mites in cats are either certain spot on treatments (Advocate or Stronghold) or a course of prescription ear drops (Surolan). These are prescription products which must be obtained from your vet after a clinical examination but usually will start to work very quickly to alleviate symptoms.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you but its saturday night and vets not open sunday what do you advise

Do you have any ear cleaner or previously prescribed medications?

OK I can call you shortly?

I've tried to call you a few times now, but there is no answer. Please let me know when you would like me to try again.