Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

I've a three week old baby rabbit, Who is very quite

I've a three week old baby rabbit, Who is very quite compared to.siblings and today noticed they have swollen genitals, No puss and no other other ailments. I've bathed with salt water
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the rabbit's name?
Customer: Currently has no name as they are only 3 week ol.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the rabbit?
Customer: Isn't gaining weight as fast as siblings

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Sorry to hear this. Could you send me a picture of the affected area? Any swelling of the eyes at all?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No swellings to eyes
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Currently Weighs 4 and a half 0zs

OK. One concern here is the possibility of the viral disease myxomatosis, however this usually causes swelling of the conjunctiva and ocular discharge. This area to me does not look particularly abnormal, is he eating and pooing OK?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They is poo when we check the area, They haven't eaten hay since 3am this morning and was trying to feed from mum this morning and wouldn't take the pellets so we mushed them up and they have eaten them this way.

OK. So long as eating, drinking and passing faeces then at the moment all we can do is monitor. If we get any symptoms of eye discharge or swelling around the eyes then urgent veterinary attention will be needed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK thank you, ***** ***** carry on bathing it with salt water? Could this be the reason of them been very quiet?

I would not bathe it unless there is redness, discharge or faceal matter stuck to it, but do check the area twice daily for evidence of fly eggs or maggots and keep the area generally clean and dry.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK thank you.

You're welcome

Please let me know if you need any further help or advice