Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

He has a lump on his head and his eye is seeping water, Cat,

Customer Question

He has a lump on his head and his eye is seeping water
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Cat
JA: Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Kovu and he is 9 I think
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kovu?
Customer: No Just that it’s been over a week with his eye
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 2 months ago.

Would you be able to send me a picture of the affected area?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
File attached (Q111SSG)
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 2 months ago.

OK. Thanks for that. I suspect that he may have conjunctivitis (a bacterial infection of the eye), although we cannot rule out an eye ulcer without a proper examination of the eye. The swelling could potentially be due to an infected cat bite or other trauma.

I would advise taking him to the vet on Monday of symptoms persist as antibiotics are likely to be required.

Until then gentle bathing of the affected eye with lightly salted water will help to keep it clean.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 2 months ago.

Just checking that you received my response?

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 2 months ago.

Just checking that you have all the information you need and are happy for me to close this question for you now?