Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Our cat who has adopted us appears to be very lethargic. She

Customer Question

our cat who has adopted us appears to be very lethargic. She turned up this morning and immediately lay down, not her usual behaviour. She has not eaten all day and I've tried to give her some milk on finger but not interested, even though she doesn't drink milk normally. She normally is let out at night and very concerned on her behaviour now
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the cat will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: She's not moved all day when she has moved it to turn is slow and appears to have difficulty. I can't feel that there is anything broken but her behaviour is not the normal.
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 2 months ago.

Sorry to hear this. Does her breathing appear normal to you? Also are her gums a normal pink colour and moist to the touch?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
just going to look now
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Her gums are pink but her breathing doesn't appear as strong as it normally is and when I go to stroke her, there's no purring
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 2 months ago.

Could you count her respiratory rate for me over 1 minute?