Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

She's had surgery on the back of her leg and her foot is

She's had surgery on the back of her leg and her foot is swollen. I've cut a bit of the bandage to release the pressure a bit
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: She's a 15 year old border collie
JA: Is the Border Collie bleeding a lot?
Customer: No not at all all the wound been stitched
JA: What is the Border Collie's name?
Customer: Jessie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jessie?
Customer: She's got really bad arthritis. The wounds been bandaged but her foot is a bit swollen.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Could you tell me what the surgery was for? Also could you send me a picture of the area you describe?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There is a pad part way up her leg. She cut it and the vet stitched it up and bandaged it

OK. It sounds like the bandage may be too tight, how long has the bands age been on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
8 hours
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She goes back on Monday
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've managed to snip a bit of the bandage to release the pressure

OK. I would recommend taking her back to the vets as soon as possible to have the bandaged replaced, if the foot is swelling then the bandage is too tight and is risking loss of circulation to the leg.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They are open at 10am
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Will that be okay to leave it overnight

If snipping to loosen the bandage does not help then it will need replacing or removing all together.

OK monitor the foot over the next few hours, if the swelling does not go down then take the dressing off completely or take her to the out of hours service.

I would take her back tomorrow either way.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

You're welcome