Edele Grey
Edele Grey, Veterinarian
Experience:  BSc, MVB
108243009

I got a Leopard Gecko on Thursday morning. Unfortunately, I

I got a Leopard Gecko on Thursday morning. Unfortunately, I dropped the container in the car and he ran into a small opening underneath the dashboard. So I set up a ‘mini vivarium’ in the footwell of the car, with a heat mat, food and a hide. I found him this evening on the heat mat and I’ve put him in the vivarium. Do you think I need to get him checked over by a vet?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the leopard gecko's name and age?
Customer: Zeus, 27 days old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Zeus?
Customer: He didn’t touch any of the mealworms I put in the car for him.
You’re through to Dr. Edele, a UK vet.
Leave him in his vivarium tonight and try him with some food in the morning again. Make sure his temps and humidity are right once he’s been in the viv for a few hours and that he has fresh water. Keep his viv in a quiet, darkened room to help him settle down and he should start to eat in the morning. If still won’t eat then you should have him checked over as he may need some fluids or a reptile intensive care mix to rehydrate and nourish him after his little adventure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much!