Linda Simon
Linda Simon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

My 6 month old puppy eat some cat poo on Friday and has

Customer Question

My 6 month old puppy eat some cat poo on Friday and has vomiting and diarrhea since. Will he need some antibiotics?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know how to help the puppy. What is the puppy's name?
Customer: Naiden
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Naiden?
Customer: He is a rescue from Bulgaria. He arrived with a heavy infestation of worms and a bad bacteria infection which was treated by our vets with antibiotics. That was about 11 weeks ago.
Expert:  Linda Simon replied 2 months ago.
Hi there,you are through to Dr Linda.
We will rarely have to treat with antibiotics after something like this as the strong stomach acid of the dog should have prevented infection.
However, I would like to ensure he is up to date with a good parasite prevention such as Panacur.
I would also like to ensure his gums are wet and pink and he is energetic and has a good appetite.
I would offer a probiotic anti-diarrhoea paste such as Protexin Prokolin which can be purchased online or from a pet shop.
I would also feed a bland diet of chicken and rice for 2-3 days and then back to regular dog food.

Hi there, how is Naiden getting on? Can I be of any further assistance?

Hi there, this is just Dr Linda checking in for the final time as this question remains open. Were you able to see my response?