Linda Simon
Linda Simon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

He had a haematoma removed from his ear on Thursday but it

He had a haematoma removed from his ear on Thursday but it now swollen and very hot. He wags his ear and the bandage has come off.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Sorry! A golden retriever aged 9 years
JA: What is the Golden Retriever's name?
Customer: Gus
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gus?
Customer: no
Hi there,you are through to Dr Linda.
Unfortunately, it sounds as though the haematoma has returned, which is not uncommon.
Many dogs need a repeat draining procedure and, on this occasion, it may be worth taking the ear down with some sutures for a few weeks to reduce the risk of it happening again.
We also want to double check there is no underlying issue such as an ear infection, so an ear swab would be sensible.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can this treatment wait until tomorrow when our Vet will be open?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just need to know if this is an emergency or can wait until tomorrow to see our Vet?
Please ignore any phone call requests as the website sends these automatically.
Yes, it can certianly wait as she is in no immediate danger. We do not want to leave it indefinitely as there is a risk of infection over time and we know it is uncomfortable.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not at all and please feel free to keep me updated and to ask any further questions you may have.
As a phone call was requested, do double check you were not charged. If you were, you simply need to request a refund from customer services who will process it promptly.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not sure why I was charged £26 when the phone call never happened - disappointed with the service