Edele Grey
Edele Grey, Veterinarian
Experience:  BSc, MVB
108243009

My Kitten is i think almost 6 months now, Indoor CAT except

Hi! My Kitten is i think almost 6 months now, Indoor CAT except private terrace access. But i havent had any vaccinations. Just wondered what would be the cost for a round or a whole course please? thanks
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your kitten?
Customer: nothing! vaccinations required. Not had any and she is almost 6 months. PUMPKIN - her name
JA: Where does your kitten seem to hurt?
Customer: is a person avaiable?
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: i am chatting with a bot
JA: Is your kitten eating normally?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. No appetite problems. Is your kitten having trouble peeing or pooing?
Customer: no
JA: OK. No obvious problems there. How is your kitten behaving differently?
Customer: isnt
JA: What is the kitten's name?
Customer: PUMPKIN!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about PUMPKIN?
Customer: no

You're through to Dr. Edele, a UK vet.

Please ignore any requests for a phone call as the site sends these automatically.

The cost of vaccinations varies a little. Were you redirected here from the PDSA's website?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
plus I did reach you before once for some eye drops once for the kitten
i got the kitten in month 3 and no vaccinations were given so far and havent been to date. so the whole course, and options etc. process? and any plans?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i dont need that! this shouldnt be £5 either as just enquiring about your cost and service.

Thank you for the information. You're through to Just Answer which is an advice platform to find out if you need to see a vet with your pet and is not affiliated with PDSA.

Give me a few minutes and I will give you as complete a response as I can, however, I won't be able to give an exact price for vaccinations.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thats ok! just an idea as I been looking online and want to start it this week. I am sure I need to see the vet with my pet! :)

You can use this link to ensure you're eligible for the PDSA's services and what clinic is closest to you (https://www.pdsa.org.uk/taking-care-of-your-pet/eligibility). The PDSA is currently working on an emergency basis only due to Covid-19 so there may be a waiting list for getting Pumpkin vaccinated.

The PDSA doesn't publish their prices for preventative care, however, it would most likely be a similar cost to other charitable organizations; £15-30 range.

Private practice costs will range between £50-70 for a primary course for kittens depending on what part of the UK you're in. Annual boosters tend to be £30-40 afterward.

In the UK, we vaccinate against cat flu, panleucopaenia, chlamydia, and feline leukemia. These are all illnesses that are severe with no specific treatment and can be fatal. Similar to the flu in humans, they can also be quite contagious.

Cat flu - severe flu.

Panleucopaenia - infectious inflammation of a cat's intestines and depression of white blood cells causing severe illness and even permanent damage. Incurable.

Chlamydia - Bacterial infection that affects eyes, nose, lungs, stomach, intestines, and reproductive tract. Highly contagious, treatable but severe illness.

Feline Leukaemia (FeLV) - a viral infection that can lead to cancers developing including lymphoma and leukaemia, etc. Incurable.

The vaccine protocol is two injections 2-4 weeks apart followed by annual boosters. Pumpkin won't require ALL components each year but will need a booster of some components of the vaccines each year.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If i want to get the vaccinations started this week, i should call tomorrow and book?

If you call the PDSA it's unlikely that they will be able to make an appointment for this week. Most private practices, however, have started to perform some vaccines with social distancing guidelines so you should contact them to book in.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sure. I can go private its ok. thank you so much

You're welcome. Have a lovely afternoon.