Linda Simon
Linda Simon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

My kitten is vomiting and has diahrrea, He ate chicken,

My kitten is vomiting and has diahrrea
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your kitten eat anything unusual?
Customer: He ate chicken
JA: What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Frankie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Frankie?
Customer: He is only 7 weeks old I believe
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Our kitten Frankie is only 7 weeks old, we have had him for 2 days and he hasn't been eating. I gave him a small amount of chicken which he ate , but he regurgitated the food multiple times (and still is), as well as diahorrea
Hi there,you are through to Dr Linda.
I'm sorry to hear this.
Is frankie still happy to eat and play?
Are his gums pink and wet?
Is he eating anything other than chicken?
How often is he vomiting and passing loose stool?
Finally, do we know if he has had any de wormer treatment?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No he is not eating or playing at the moment. He is very lethargic and is just walking around. His nose is still wet and his gums are pink. We haven't been able to get him to eat at all so we thought we would try him on a little bit of chicken. He has vomited 4 or 5 times and passed loose stool twice or 3 times in the past 30 mins. And I'm not sure.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He has gone to sleep now.
Lethargy in such a young kitten is really abnormal as, while they will sleep a lot, I'm between this they should be quite hyperactive and playful.
As he hadnt eaten before the chicken we would worry about low blood sugar and dehydration, especially given how much he has vomited and had diarrhoea.
At this stage, given what you have said, I think it would be best to have him examined by a vet. Hopefully all he needs is some anti nausea medicine +/- some anti diarrhoea probiotic paste but it is essential we make sure the kitten does not get more poorly.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you Linda. Took him to the vet and he's fine! Thanks for your assistance.
Oh, that's great. Thank you for keeping me updated and all the best to your little kitten.