Edele Grey
Edele Grey, Veterinarian
Experience:  BSc, MVB
108243009

Since this morning my rat is behaving weird, her mouth and

since this morning my rat is behaving weird, her mouth and nose are wet, she doesn't want to it, she looks like she doesn't have full control over her body, she's sitting and slightly swinging, fur under her mouth is wet and doesn't smell nice
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is your rat's name and age?
Customer: Lilith, she is one year old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lilith?
Customer: no, i have 2 other rats and they're alright

You're through to Dr. Edele, a UK vet.

Sorry to hear Lilith isn't feeling well.

Is Lilith breathing normally?

What does it smell like?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she's brething normally, I can't tell you how it smells, it just stinks and is yellowish-brownish in colour

Ok, thank you.

There are a couple of things that could cause this. The yellow-brown color is concerning as it sounds like it could be stomach contents. Rat's can't vomit like us because they have a really strong sphincter at the top of their stomach so if she is bringing up that fluid there is a blockage in her stomach. Lilith should see your vet as an emergency today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh, okay, thank you very much

You're welcome. I hope Lilith is feeling better soon.