Mike McIntyre
Mike McIntyre,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Sioux Nation Pet Clinic
106239999

I have a 5 year old puggle (pug/beagle) who seems 2 have an

I have a 5 year old puggle (pug/beagle) who seems 2 have an ear infection. I have been cleaning it with salt water 3 times a day but its still leaking yellow discharge
JA: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections the Puggle can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the Puggle's name?
Customer: His name is*****: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Cookie?
Customer: He does have very sensitive skin and he often has itchy ears when the pollen count is high
This is Dr Mike. I have been practicing for 20 years and I will be happy to help you today with all of your questions. First, I would like to start with a few questions to help me better understand your case. Have there been any changes in eating, drinking, urinating, or defecating? Any underlying health problems? Any medications currently on?The system will automatically offer an option for a phone call. It is just sent out automatically. However, if you wish to keep typing. We can message all here.I am here to provide as much relevant information and guidance that I can, but I am unable to legally prescribe medications or make a final diagnosis. Any recommendations I make will be limited by lack of a physical examination. In many cases I may end up recommending your pet to be seen by a veterinarian for further assistance or you may still wish to have a physical examination with a veterinarian at a clinic.If you can send pictures to review it will be most helpful.
This can help with the ears: The ear canal is in the shape of an "L", this allows for the ear canal to become very moist and warm, then the opportunistic yeast and bacteria that normally live in the ear canal can start to grow to higher levels. The key is to need to flush the ears twice a day to start with. An ear flush with chlorhexidine can also assist with potential yeast and bacteria. This will remove the debris and the chlorhexidine will also kill the yeast and the bacteria in the ear canal. Then once the ears get healthier can decrease on an as needed benefit. You may need to do from time to time to keep the ears healthy. The miconazole will also help with the yeast too. One product name you can look for is Micochlor. This product can be purchased over the counter at pet stores or online like on Amazon. Here are some examples:
1. TrizChlor by DechraMost flushes just get there material out and do not kill the yeast and bacteria. This also kills yeast and bacteria too.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Unfortunately Cookie wont hold still long enough for me to take a picture. He has no underlying health conditions. No problems with eating or drinking or going to the toilet. Hes not currently on any medication
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No thankyou. I will try the micochlor and see if that helps.Thankyou
In England it will be the Triz Chlorhexidine. My apologies about that
Any other questions I can answer now for you?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Great. Thankyou so much
You are more than welcome. Please keep me updated and have a good day. Dr Mike
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I recieved trizchlor this morning and iv used it on cookie twice up 2 now. He definately seems a little bit more comfortable already but obviously its a little too soon to be able to say if it helps heal yet.
Thank you for the update. I Appreciate that.