Linda Simon
Linda Simon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

She is not eating as much and not drinking as much has lost

She is not eating as much and not drinking as much has lost a bit of wait we have not had her long it’s a rabbit she is only 8 months
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the rabbit's name?
Customer: Binks
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Binks?
Customer: The vaccine are up together when she jumps she loses Balance she is not the same at mo she don’t come up to us when we say her name she is not very jumpy or anything
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi what can I do as she is in one corner she won’t come to us no more

Hi there, you are through to Dr Linda.

This is a real concern.

Rabbits are 'prey creatures' in the wild so if we notice they are not themselves, this means they are very unwell indeed. This is because if they act unwell in the wild, the predators will target them.

A reduced appetite can lead to a dangerous and life threatening conditions called Gut Stasis, so we need to be very cautious here. Rabbits need to constantly eat. If they do not eat for 4 hours or more, this is a true emergency. Try to encourage eating with plenty of fresh hay and grass as well as tasty herbs like parsley.

Reduced appetite can have lots of causes including overgrown teeth, urinary infections, sources of pain etc.

With regards ***** ***** of balance, again this is highly abnormal. Potential causes can include an ear infection, parasitic infection known as E Cuniculi or an injury.

If she seems more unwell tonight, is not eating well or is deteriorating, she should be brought to an emergency vet, Otherwise, I would have her checked first thing tomorrow morning.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
But she is drinking at mo my step daughter gave her strawberry’s is that ok for a rabbit at all

Drinking alone is not enough, she needs to eat to keep that gut moving and prevent bloating of the gut.

Strawberries are ok was a sometimes treat but will not do much to get the gut moving; we need lots of grass, hay etc. You can also get a special food called critical care which is made into a liquid and syringed if needed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok

Please do let me know if you have any questions and feel free to keep me updated as this window remains open for several days.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She is curled up and her ears Down what does that mean

It sounds as if she is very unwell indeed and probably under a lot of stress. She may also be in some pain, especially if her gut is bloated. She really needs to see a vet ASAP given everything you have said. While ti may seem extreme, rabbits can get poorly and pass away very quickly.