Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

Morning... I have a Lab xGerman shepherd he is 4 years old.

Morning... I have a Lab xGerman shepherd he is 4 years old. Neutered. He keeps rubbing his bum along the grass what is this mean and he is house trained and very good but he has pooed now 4 nights in a row in the house.. There not running or anything there solid
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know how to help the lab. What is the lab's name?
Customer: Oh his name is*****: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Oh?
Customer: His diet is good maybe a bit over weight as been neutered but he usually gets walked 3 x times a day he is spoilt actually TBH ­čśé

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Sorry to hear this. Do you know if he is up to date with worming? Also has he had he anal glands checked recently?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No worming done lately or his glands checked

OK calling now

I'm afraid there is no answer when I call, this may be because you are in Ireland. Are you happy to continue on here?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ya sure no problem

OK. You will not be charged if I don't make the call.

It sounds like this could be an issue with the anal glands (scent glands just inside the anus). They can become overly full or infected and this is a common cause of rear end irritation. I would advise getting them expressed by your vet to check for signs of this.

Worms are another less common cause, so ensuring he is up to date with a suitable worming treatment would also be a good idea.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ya im booked in to a vets tomorrow and I got him a worm does..
Thank you for your help

You're welcome, best wishes