Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My dog gets travel sick... can you prescribe anti sickness

My dog gets travel sick... can you prescribe anti sickness meds? I’m keen to not let it get worse incase she starts fearing the car
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?
Customer: She vomits during car journeys ... we have tried not feeding her, facing her forwards etc
JA: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: no it’s definitely car related ... it happens like clock work ten minutes into a journey
JA: What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: pixie and she’s nearly 5 months old... so hopefully she will grow out of it but in mean time keen to help her so she doesn’t see the car as a sad place
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: pixie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Pixie?
Customer: no she’s fit well and healthy 🙂

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Chris

Sorry to hear this. It is a common problem in young dogs, thankfully they often do grow out of it with time. Until then there is a travel sickness medication known as Cerenia tablets, these are generally very effective at preventing travel sickness when given 30 minutes before travel and last for up to 12 hours, they do however need to be prescribed by your veterinarian as online prescribing of veterinary medicines not permitted under UK law.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I’ll give our vets a call ... good to know they often out grow it ��

You're welcome. Best wishes.