Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

Really sorry to bother you is have a 8yr old staffie im not

Really sorry to bother you is have a 8yr old staffie im not if she is pregnant a dog jumped my fence in april and bitch was in season and he mounted her must of been a while before I noticed he was there she consented she is sleeping a lot and gained a lot of weight her nipples are pink and follows me around can you help me please i havent a vet as he retired
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Mercy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mercy?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Sorry to hear of this issue with your dog. What can I do for you this afternoon?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you ive just noticed she has started licking her volva

OK, is there any discharge there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry but I haven't looked

And what date in April do you think your dog was mated?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
About the 2nd or 3rd week we worked out if she is it would be about 19 June she is laying on a duvet at mo sorry of I sound a bit thick im a pensioner

OK yes that sounds about right. Could you clarify what it is you would like to know?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not sure if she could be having pups
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Could she be pregnant

Yes from what you describe she certainly could be. Although a false pregnancy is also possible (but would not account for abdominal enlargement or weight gain).

A scan at the vets would be able to confirm either way and would be advisible so that you can know what to expect.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I still didn't get a answer to my last question

The fact that she is sleeping a lot currently?