How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Laura Henderson Your Own Question
Laura Henderson
Laura Henderson,
Category: Vet
Satisfied Customers: 91
Experience:  Veterinarian at Robb Veterinary Clinic
Type Your Vet Question Here...
Laura Henderson is online now

My female dog jazz has just been caught what should i do

This answer was rated:

My female dog jazz has just been caught what should i do a.s.a.p
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: she is in the lqst week of her break down and my male dog has mounted and been stuck with her what can i do to stop this becoming a litter of puppies
JA: Where does the puppy seem to hurt?
Customer: No, my female dog has just been stuck with my male dog dont want her pregnant what should i do to stop this happenig
JA: We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the puppy?
Customer: shes not a puppy shes 6 years old ,no

Good evening, I al Laura, one of the UK vets.

I can't do phone calls so please ignore any message appearing to come from me about them. It is automated and I can't stop it.

This happens fairly often, so don't panic

Your options are:

1) Wait 3-4 weeks then get her spayed. This will prevent any pregnancy and stop it happening again.

2) Wait until the end of her season then go to your vet for a drug called Alizin - it is two injections given 24 hours apart and this will terminate any pregnancy. We usually advise waiting until the end of the season as it won't work twice and they may tie again. It's effective up to day 45 of pregnancy so no rush.

3) Wait until 4-5 weeks then bring her in for your vet to check if she is pregnant. If not, you won't need to do anything. If she is, she can get Alizin then, or get spayed then.

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Laura Henderson and other Vet Specialists are ready to help you