Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My cockapoo puppy came rushing in and there was a bumble bee

Customer Question

My cockapoo puppy came rushing in and there was a bumble bee attached to his leg. I don't know if it has stung him but I brushed it off and killed it. I don't know if the sting is still attached My puppy was stung by a bee at 8 weeks old and had veterinary treatment. He is frightened and gone back to his crate. Please advise
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your puppy?
Customer: I ;am not sure if my puppy has been stung by a bumble bee. It was attached to his leg and I brushed it off. he was stung by a bee at 8/9 weeks and had antihistamine. He is frightened and has gone back to his crate
JA: Where does your puppy seem to hurt?
Customer: he doesn't seem to be hurt I have just picked him up and he is quiet but not hurt and seems ok
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the Cockapoo's name?
Customer: boris
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Boris?
Customer: no he is a very healthy and bright puppy
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 7 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 7 days ago.

Have you been able to check the area for swelling or pain? Most bumblebees cannot actually sting you so hopefully if nothing is evident at the site where the bee was present then he has not been stung at all.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.