Jav917
Jav917,
5071285

I have an elderly female syrian hamster. She has lost half

I have an elderly female syrian hamster. She has lost half her body weight (down to 80g)
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the Syrian hamster's name and age?
Customer: Still drinking. But has got stools that look like soggy coco pops and a bed red looking. Also what looks like a sore vagina. Hilda 2 yrs old
JA: This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the Syrian hamster?
Customer: saw the vet yesterday got some baytril. But is there something I can do to help her sore bottom?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Currently asleep in my chest wrapped in an old flannel

My ma,e is Joan andI?

Joanam a Vet Tech with overb 35 tears in Pet health.How old is your Ha,ster?

How long has it een this way?

Has it been taking any gluids

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She is 2. I rescued her last year. A week. Had to wait for vet appointment. She has baytril antibioticsnow
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no call I'm deaf

Vall offer is from the site. I am working oom your answer.

Joan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok ty and hilda says hi
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If it helps she us a bit demented. Hamsters are supposed to poop in a designated corner and keep thier food stash in another right? Nope not hilda she keeps it all together and has done since I got her?!?!

Lat me pregace my answer with the gact that These Hamsters have a short life span of 1 2/3-2 years.

What I suspect you are seeing end of life stage with the info supplied. Hamsters like many small animals are considered pret animals and hide illness well. Mosrt likely she has befailing for a while.

We can try and make her comfortanle and offer fluids via eye dropper. Pediallyte mixed with water 59/59 is a good solutiin and offer electrolyres. You can also can give Critical Care which is an energebcty feeding and can also be mixed with the edialyte.

Jeeo hey confortable and love her at this can see a Vet to confirm my susp. If you want to have her seen bu a Vet, that would be an an option, but the,

I hate to deliver this type of answer, but these little one have a short life span.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know I was just thinking of something so her bottom doesn't hurt
I'll see what they baytril does, she guls down the vitamin enriched water i have for her, my god she loves that stuff! If no better next week I'll go pack to vets for pts. I have a little box ready for her.
But thank you. ��
  1. At this time supportibe care and love is all we can really do. I have my Sons hamster and each day when I geed him I hold my bteath knowing I will have to go through this too,
  2. Joan