Jav917
Jav917,
5071285

My best friend has a ball python (female) that is around 2

My best friend has a ball python (female) that is around 2 years of age and hasn’t been putting on weight like she should, she’s not underweight for her size as she’s not growing properly either, she’s a bit of a fussy feeder, but, normally not too bad, she poops normally and drinks normally, she has proper heating, humidity and a warm and cool side, could this be just her individually and just an extremely slow grower, stunted growth, illness/parasites or something else?

My name is ***** ***** I am a Vet Tech with over 40 years in Reptile Heakth.

How is the appetite?

Us the snake eating wellType of food frozen thawed or live?

Has the snake been had a fecak smpke run?

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Normally okay but can be fussy sometimes, she’s eating small weaner rats and as were in the UK they are thawed as live feeding of mammals is illegal and she’s had no tests done

Thank you. There are two possible reasons for poor gtiwth and lack of weight hain.

The first reason would be a parasie issue. This could be a good pissibility. All Reptiles cannor parsites in the gut andhey can bloom which is an overabindance that causes the food not nt to absrb causing low weight and poor growth rate.

THe other issue is in the breebreedingding and the line the snake came from. Some bteeders do a lot of inbtreeding which can cause groth pattern issues as well as low weight.

I suggest a Herp Vet visit to have a gecal done and to speak with him about a Vitamin injection to aid with htowth and weight.

Please reply to discuss this ingo.

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice, I’ll be sure to contact them, is it available in the UK?

Ido have a list of Herp Vets in the UK if you let me know ewere you are located Ie: Rbgland, Wales, Ireland?

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
West Yorkshire, England

Yjis is a link for England VetsL

http://www.anapsid.org/vets/england.html

Please take a moment to rate my service Positive. You can do this ising stars in the ypper or lower left corners of my post. When rates I will get credit for assisring you.

Joan