Linda Simon
Linda Simon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

My rabbit has stopped eating and keeps rolling, Dumbs and he

Customer Question

My rabbit has stopped eating and keeps rolling
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is your rabbit's name and age?
Customer: Dumbs and he is 8 months old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Dumbs?
Customer: He is lying around a lot
Expert:  Linda Simon replied 8 days ago.
Hi there, you are through to Dr Linda.
I'm sorry to hear Dumbs is unwell.
Stopping eating is a big red flag in rabbits as they need to constantly eat to keep their gut moving and prevent bloat or gut stasis from occurring (a condition whereby their intestines fill with gas and stop moving food and fluid along).
Not eating for 4 hours or more is a true emergency.
Rolling typically occurs with a balance disorder such as can occur with an ear infection or a parasitic infection called E Cuniculi.
It's important to bring them to a vet right away to have them assessed as they need to be checked and may need fluids, antibiotics, pain relief etc.

Is this all ok?

Expert:  Linda Simon replied 3 days ago.

Good evening, this is just Dr Linda checking in for the final time as this question remains open and unrated. Is there anything further I can help with? I do hope Dumbs is doing ok.