Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

I ad an appointment a couple months ago and my small

Customer Question

I ad an appointment a couple months ago and my small yorksjire terrier was biting his back and scratching and they said flea allergy and they gave me something that last 2 months could you tell me where I can get this
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the Yorkshire terrier's name?
Customer: Oskar
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Oskar?
Customer: no hes fine in everything else no
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 10 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good morning and welcome to justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta , a licensed veterinarian with 30 years of experience and would like to help. I am sorry but I cannot make phone calls but will be happy to text and help with your situation.

The first thing is to make sure Oskar is in a good flea control...if that is being done, then this allergic reaction is caused by other things in his environment which cannot be controlled. When Oskar starts this scratching, give him Benadryl, available at the pharmacy over the counter, at 1 mg per pound of Oskar’s weight every 12 hrs. This will help stop this reaction and ease the scratching. If this is not enough, then you will have to return to your veterinarian for stronger medications...these are only by prescription which we are not able to give without an actual physical exam by law. In most cases, the Benadryl given for one week to 10 days will be enough to stop the terrible scratching that bothers poor Oskar.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know how Oskar is doing and if I can answer any other questions. Thanks!!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

You are very welcome...please let me know how Oskar is doing and if I can answer any other questions.
Have a wonderful weekend!!