Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

I have trapped a couple of kittenscif a feral cat with homes

Customer Question

I have trapped a couple of kittenscif a feral cat with homes lined up with them bug one has white flakes some of which are in its four clumped together doesn't look like dandruff wondered what is the best corse of action to help it until I cam get it checked out af my vets on monday.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?
Customer: I am assuming that the flakes may be some kind of parasite as it is a young kitten and gasnt has ang vet treatment etc before I want to help illievate any irritation but also safeguard the second kitten etc.
JA: There are all sorts of infestations the kitten can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name?
Customer: They aren't named yet but my name in michelle tebble. I have two bit only one appearsxtk be affected
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the kitten?
Customer: No just that the mother is feral and we have only been able to trap these two today in order to prevent more feral cats do they go to homes
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 14 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 14 days ago.

Would you be able to send me a picture of the affected area?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
File attached (PSQ2Z7V)
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 14 days ago.

OK thanks. These look a little like fly eggs to me, the best thing to do is to carefully comb them out of the coat, if left they will hatch into maggots. I don't think they are a skin parasite as such.

These kittens will need full worming and flea treatment from your vet in Monday as well.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.