Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

Scabbing on the edges of the ears and back of a 7 week old

Customer Question

scabbing on the edges of the ears and back of a 7 week old puppy
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the puppy's name?
Customer: Gus
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gus?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (5MT5Z6S)
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
also His back is very flakey and scabby, but his ears are becomming red and sore
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 13 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 13 days ago.

Sorry to hear this. We can see these types of skin lesions with sarcoptic mange. I would advise taking him to your vet tomorrow, they may wish to do some skin scraping to look for the mites. Treatment with an appropriate treatment such as Stronghold, Advocate or simparica can then be initiated.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.