Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My cat is very ill. He was seen for an emergency treatment

Customer Question

Hi, my cat is very ill. He was seen for an emergency treatment at the Swansea clinic on Saturday, but I need to get him seen asap please
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your cat?
Customer: Well they said he had a very high temperature, and they gave him an injection or 2. We don't know what's wrong with him, which is why he needs a vet
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: TC My surname's Fielding. His details should be on the system I think?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about TC?
Customer: I rehomed him from St James' vets. He was previously a stray, and had a skin condition they treated with steroids, but it's come back and got progressively worse. He chews his tail & flanks, and this may be the source of infection
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 6 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 6 days ago.

Sorry to hear of this problem with TC. He will certainly need to be examined again and if his temperature is not reducing then further investigation as to the source of the problem may be required (blood and urine tests, xray, ultrasound etc). He may also need to be placed on a drip if he is not eating or drinking or showing signs of dehydration.

This page is only a question and answer service and not a veterinary clinic, so you would need to contact your own vets directly to arrange an appointment for him.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice. Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes for TC's recovery.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks Chris. He was in very bad shape last night. Hot again after the injection wore off, not eating or even drinking, I wasn't sure he'd make it through the night. I'm sure he needs an appointment for tests, diagnosis and treatment.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 6 days ago.

I agree. You're welcome. Please feel free to keep me updated.