Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My cat is 7 years old and the last few weeks has started

My cat is 7 years old and the last few weeks has started peeing on my bed almost every day. What do you suggest please.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about 7 Years Old?
Customer: I have two other cats and a dog,but he loves the dog. One of my cats bully him now and again even though we have had them all the same time

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thankyou.

Inapprorpate urination in cats can be a difficult issue to get to the bottom of. In many cases stress is the underlying cause, this can be due to changes in the home environment and intra cat conflict. How many litter trays do you have in the house?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
only one

OK. So for a start we need to get a urine sample checked by your vet to make sure that we do not have underlying cystitis or urinary infection. Secondly we need one more litter tray that the number of cats, so for 3 cats we need really need 4 litter trays. Sharing litter trays can be a significant source of stress in cats. We may also find that a plug in Feliway diffuser will help also.

Also see this article for a comprehensive overview of the issue, possible causes and suggested solutions.

https://icatcare.org/advice/soiling-indoors/

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice. Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes.