DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Experience:  20+yrs Exp in vet care. Emerg, Int Med, Ultrasound, Gen Practice
20798050

We got a elderly dog who has bad ears he aiways sufferd with

we got a elderly dog who has bad ears he aiways sufferd with them he normally perscipe storiods and ear drops we dont want to put if through a vet trip as he gets so stress he 15 and a large dog
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: lenny around 15
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lenny?
Customer: no he has at rthis in is legs but eating and drinking fine

Hello there and welcome to the morning of September 13th. Dr.Paul Brazzell here. I have thirty years of small animal experience.

I am sorry that you are having troubles with your pet, I can understand how this must be stressful for you. I will do my utmost best to help you

My job here is to determine whether or not he or she needs to be examined and diagnostic tests run or if we can manage things at home

I will do my best to sort things out for you and give you my professional advice based on the history and clinical signs

Talking by phone allows me to give a more accurate and rapid assessment of the problem

And the more information I have the better the job I can do

Please be patient with me as it takes time to write detailed recommendations :) and IF you have any additional questions or do not understand any of my advice please let me know.

Please confirm that you are there and ready to begin

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
ok
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
confirm i ready

Good morning and welcome to Just Answer. Very pleased to meet you :)

Can you send me photos of the ear canal?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
i doing this for my daughter who in work i noy very good with computors si i will wait for her to do it herslf thamnk you x

No problem I can give you some suggestions on how to manage this at home if you are not able to get into clinic

Mix one part white vinegar with two parts water

Fill ear canal and massage well for a minute then let shake head

Repeat 2X daily for 5- 6 days

Buy some Zymox on chewy.com or at the local pet store and put in ears after each flush

Make sure it is the one with hydrocortisone in it

Update me in 3-4 days time

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
thank you x

It was my sincere pleasure to have helped you today

I will leave the conversation link open in case you have more questions

I will look for your updates on a go forward basis and stay with you till this is all sorted out