Linda Simon
Linda Simon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

Our 8 year old poodle/ cross just had an incredibly 'heavy'

Hi . .our 8 year old poodle/King Charles cross just had an incredibly 'heavy' season . . unlike any she has had before . . . usually 'light to almost non-existent' . . .She really bled a lot . . . . Now she is off her food and is lethargic . . .not the usual bundle of energy she usually is . . . She has been sick and also now has diahorea . . . . . .
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the poodle. What is the poodle's name?
Customer: Shima . . .
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Shima?
Customer: She also seems 'disorientated' and stands staring at nothing . . . . .
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Also . . her stomach is 'hard' and she has lost weight . . . not really eaten for 4 days . . . .
Hi there, you are through to Dr Linda
I'm sorry to hear she is unwell.
This is very concerning and I would be suspicious this may not have been a normal season.
We would need to consider other possibilities such as a uterine infection (pyometra), uterine tumour or something else e.g. a clotting disorder.
The disorientation and lethargy could indicate dehydration or an infection.
She really does need to be seen by a vet who can check her over , assess her hydration and determine if she has a fever and perhaps also scan her uterus.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok . . . .Thank you very much . . . will take her to a local vet asp . . . . Bless you . . . . .
No problem at all and wishing Shima a very speedy recovery.