Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

We have a 9 year old Lab hitch with ruptured cruciate

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Hi, we have a 9 year old Lab hitch with ruptured cruciate ligament. Happened approx 3 weeks ago. She has been on prescribed
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the lab?
Customer: Pain killing meds. The only other advice we have had is to give her rest, which she has had. Is there anything we should be doing? We have been advised that surgery is not recommended because of arthritis in his and her age
JA: What is the lab's name?
Customer: Savvy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Savvy?
Customer: Ther has been no improvement since it happened. Cannot think of anything else. Sorry her name is ***** ***** Savvy.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Sorry to hear this. In my opinion surgery should still be considered, even if considerable arthritis is present as it will have a much better longterm outcome for Saffy. If your vet is not confident with this then I would recommend asking for referral to an orthopaedic surgeon.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice. Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes.