BestFriendsVet
BestFriendsVet, Veterinarian
Experience:  In small animal practice since 2003
24117175

My cat is not eating and not active anymore, despite him

Hi, my cat is not eating and not active anymore, despite him being very active previously. He's 15 but didn't slow down any. We recently had our dog pass away, about a month now, and was wondering if he was missing her. But didn't want to assume in case it's something else. He drinks water occasionally but is not interested in eating anything
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Pepsi
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pepsi?
Customer: Not really, he's always been healthy
Hi, it's Dr. Vaino with Just Answer! I have almost 30 years of experience in veterinary medicine, and I'm happy to help you today. ~Please pardon any typos, as this is talk-to-text~ I'm sorry to hear this about your pet. ***YOU MAY DISREGARD THE SYSTEM-GENERATED PHONE CALL OPTION*** if you wish. If you will note, before we begin, I am prohibited by state law from prescribing Rx items on this platform (we can discuss them, but I can't call them into a pharmacy for you). I am here to answer questions and provide general medical advice only. Please let me know if this arrangement will be acceptable before we continue. Thanks so much!
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank You that's fine, if you can give me an idea of what you thnk it may be, I can sort the rest
Hi! So, the most common medical mission geriatric kitty cats are 1. Kidney failure, 2. Diabetes mellitus, 3. Hyperthyroidism, 4. Cancer, 5. Dental disease, and 6. Heart disease. Or any combination of the above.From your description of the problem, I would be highly suspicious of kidney failure.
medical problems in
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
okay, thank you so much
My pleasure. I hope you have found my advice useful. If you liked my service, please feel free to REQUEST DR. VAINO in the future! I would appreciate it if you'd be kind enough to rate my service to you by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen or clicking on the green light below the chat box (if using SMS, JustAnswer will send a separate text asking for your rating). Such feedback greatly helps me maintain the quality of my answers, and it is how I receive compensation from this website. Rating me now does not close your question; it stays open for 7 days. Please bookmark this page, and we can continue here until you are satisfied! Simply use the reply box to get back to me at any point. Many thanks~