Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

I just found works in my puppies stool... I have an

Hello! I just found works in my puppies stool... I have an appointment with a vet Friday morning, but I’m not sure if I can wait now
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know how to help your puppy. What is the puppy's name?
Customer: Stewie Worms**
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Stewie?
Customer: He’s 10 weeks old and is pot bellied

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi Chris!

Sorry to hear this. Whilst they are unlikely to be dangerous, worms could cause discomfort, poor weight gain and possibly diarrhoea. It would be advisible to treat them as soon as possible. You can purchase a safe and effective worming treatment such as Panacur or Drontal over the counter from your vet, or from pet shops such as Pets at home.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice. Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The only symptom so far has been his pot belly... I have an appointment to get him dewormed and have his next set of vaccinations on Friday morning. Do you feel this can wait (considering I found worms, appear to be roundworms too) or should I try get him in tomorrow ?

Friday would most likely be fine. Or you can purchase something tomorrow if you are concerned

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks Chris. Have a great evening. Appreciate the advice

You're welcome. Best wishes with your new pup