RebeccaC921
RebeccaC921,
Experience:  Expert
110217497

He sneezing abnormally. He has lost control of his bladder

Customer Question

He sneezing abnormally. He has lost control of his bladder having multiple accidents around the house and not doing his usual l”wanna go out signs”this happens even though he gets plenty of exercise .Hes wimpering if I have r
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: shihtsu he’s about 10 y o
JA: Has the animal been eating or drinking more than usual?
Customer: No
JA: Does he also seem more tired than usual?
Customer: No But he doesn’t seem his self
JA: What's the animal's name?
Customer: Busta
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: He has had a history with sickness mainly vommiting. Plus his groomer thinks he might have cataracts
Expert:  RebeccaC921 replied 9 days ago.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that Busta is having problems. Losing control of the bladder may be due to several things; drinking excessively (kidney disease, liver disease, etc), cystitis, bacterial infection in the kidneys or bladder, growths in the bladder, incontinence. It is important to have a urine sample analysed by the vet so that they can check for evidence of infection and check how concentrated the urine is. If the urine is very dilute then it suggests he is having 'over spill' incontinence. It is also important for him to be examined by the vet so they can palpate his abdomen to feel for any abnormalities, check his temperature etc and he may require blood tests. A groomer is not able to diagnose cataracts as they do not have an opthalmoscope to examine the eyes, so the vet will also need to check his eyes to assess his vision. Sneezing can be due to several different things, for example infection, foreign bodies or growths inside the nasal passages. I hope you manage to get to the bottom of these issues with your vet.

Kind regards,

Dr Coles