Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

Good mornning, my dog has an ear infection, i tried to this

Customer Question

Good mornning, my dog has an ear infection
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Have you spoken to a vet about the ear infection yet?
Customer: i tried to this morning but unfortunately my dog is very nervous and i cant get him in the vets with all the other dogs about, they wont speak to me on the phone said i have to take him in , i am pretty sure its bacterial not yeast infection, he isnt off balance either just very red and sore and very smelly
JA: What's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Samson Sprocker aged 2 years (I also have his mum who is 8)
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: He is currently on frontline, all working well , and he has been castrated
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 10 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 10 days ago.

Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately online vets cannot prescribe medications, only offer advice. Would you be able to send me a picture of the affected ear? He will need to see your vet for medication, however if he is very nervous then perhaps ask your vet about sedation for a proper examination of the ear, this would also enable the ear to be cleaned properly and samples taken if necessary to check for the likely type of bacteria causing the infection.

Sedation could possible be acheived with an injectable medication or with something for you to give him at home prior to the appointment.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.