Linda Simon
Linda Simon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

He e is very poorly will need euthanasia, a cocker spaniel

Customer Question

he e is very poorly will need euthanasia
JA: What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: a cocker spaniel of 16 years
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the Cocker Spaniel's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: for at least 6 months .he has chronic ear and sight problems and he rescued me in a fire in May.
JA: When did the Cocker Spaniel last see a vet? Is he taking any medications?
Customer: about a month th ago I want him to die at home he is the last of four
JA: What's the Cocker Spaniel's name?
Customer: BEN
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: Our vet is sweet but Polish and I find it difficult to talk to her
Expert:  Linda Simon replied 7 days ago.
Hi there, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet. Just a few minutes as I type my reply.
I'm very sorry to hear this and, as difficult as it can be to make the decision, euthanasia is the kindest thing to do when a dog's quality of life is poor.
To confirm, this is an advice service so you would need to call your local clinic to have this booked in. They should be able to do this despite any Coronavirus restrictions.
However, having it done at home may not be an option. This is something you would need to discuss with the clinic directly.
Please do feel free to ask any further questions you may have.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
please use 0208(###) ###-####for a reply as the mobile is difficult at present
Please ignore any phone call requests as the website sends these automatically.
As I say, I am unable to book a euthanasia and we at Just Answer are not associated with any vet clinic. So, to book that procedure in you would need to contact your local clinic directly. If you need a clinic recommendation, please send on your postcode. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
OK I will call my clinic later THANKYOU for your help
Absolutely. Again, I'm so sorry you are going through this difficult time. Anything else, please let me know.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I HAVE CONTACTED THE CLINIC and he has been outside in the garden so tonight I will be able to let him pass
I'm really glad we have a plan in place. If you have any questions about the process (or anything else) please do feel free to ask.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I DO
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Later is all right

Wishing him a very peaceful passing. You may find this bereavement service helpful afterwards, I have heard wonderful things about it:https://www.bluecross.org.uk/pet-bereavement-and-pet-loss?gclid=CjwKCAjw5p_8BRBUEiwAPpJO68hnmcKIOKayU8p6U-v9kxdBsqAX_VNneRbDVfB88nE8R1DDSiskYhoCsoEQAvD_BwE

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Tonight would be the best for a visit please
No, you need to liaise with your vet clinic directly. This is an advice service and I cannot make visits, as I said. Apologies for any confusion.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Is someone able to come tonight ?
You said you have contacted the clinic? If so, you need to confirm with them that they are coming.This is an advice service, NOT a vet clinic so this website will not be able to send anyone as explained. I do hope this is clear.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.

I gave my mobile number but I have builders using that number too so I asked for a call on*****

Expert:  Linda Simon replied 6 days ago.
I think there has been a misunderstanding. If you read through the messages you will see that I will not be making a call and have given advice via text.
If you specifically want a call, you will need to let me know so I can opt out.