Teodora B
Teodora B, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Expert
110306982

I have a problem with my dog since yesterday evening. He

I have a problem with my dog since yesterday evening. He won't let me near him. He is in his bet but bears his teeth and snarls at me with eyes flaring every time I go near that side of the room. I had to go to my bed at seven last night but haven't slept and every time I move he starts snarling and barking again.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Aside from this barking, have you noticed other behavioral changes in the dog? Does he appear to be in pain?
Customer: No. I don't think he is injured. He was fine for his last outing yesterday around six is but hasn't been out since as I can't get near enough to put his lead on and he is never off the lead outside. He has a huge food guarding problem and I wondered if he has got something in his bed but I can't get close enough to check.
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Benji and he is eight
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: I don't think so. But I'm now in my bedroom as it is all open plan and I can't even get to the kitchen

Hello! My name is***** will be the expert to assist you today with your vet-related questions.

This sounds very strange/odd behaviour pattern. Was there any event on his walk? Any vomiting/diarrhoea?

Is Benji up-to-date with vaccines, flea and worming products?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No. He was fine until we got home. But he just went mad again as I went in the room to get my cards It has gone on all night. I can’t even get to the kitchen to clean up yesterday’s mess which I had to leave

Please feel free to keep me into a loop. I hope it all gets sorted (either with your local vets, mobile vets or OOH clinic). Best of luck!