Teodora B
Teodora B, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Expert
110306982

Helo, my cat keeps on vomiting. this started in january and

helo, my cat keeps on vomiting. this started in january and seens then he vomits every couple of weeks he started peeing in the bath as well
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Does the vomit look liquidy or foamy? Is there food in it?
Customer: sometime there is food and some grass. this morning it was liquid
JA: Could he have eaten anything unusual?
Customer: not at home. we give him cat biscuit and wet food 2-3 sachet a week
JA: What's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Bertie and he is 4 year old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: after the 1st episod of vimiting bertie went missing for 2-3 months

Hello! My name is***** will be the expert to assist you today with your vet-related questions.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Teodora

Is Bertie up to date with vaccines, flea and wormer?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
His last vaccine he got was when we was a kitten. For a flea and wormer I don’t recall the last tome his has one.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Time*

Thank you. And have you noticed any changes to his bowel movements? (diarrhoea)

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I’m not sure he usually goes outside but he does have wee in the bath

Thank you. Has he been checked by any vets since January for sickness?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No he hasn’t
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
He went missing for a couple of months. Just after being sick for the 1st Time

I understand. And are you sure he properly vomits (gastric content), rather than bringing furballs up?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Today was no hair at all, only thick clear liquid. I found this in several places around the flat. Some
Of the times it’s food with a little bit of grass. I
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I think since January I only seen him throw up fur ball once

I see. Based on what you're describing I would suggest we are dealing with some sort of gastric problem. They can be very frustrating to investigate and sometimes hard to manage, but my best recommendation would be for Bertie to be seen for a hands-on examination by your local vet sometimes next week. Please give them a call and book a routine appointment for "intermittent sickness".

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok will do
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you for your help

Normally there are a few steps vets take to investigate this. Causes can be multiple, from worms to sensitive tummy (Inflammatory Bowel Disease?). It all depends on a series of tests that the vets will perform.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Could it be the food I give him?

You are more than welcome. It can be a very frustrating road (speaking from my own experience as I went down that road with one of my cats), and after all tests and investigations, they might just require a special diet (mine "calmed down" on dry Hills i/d). But many other things need to be excluded prior to this (parasites, liver issues, etc)

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok. I will book an appointment as soon as possible

Yes, sometimes a change in diet is beneficial. You could try a "bland diet" (like homemade boiled chicken and boiled rice) or special made diets (Hills i/d, Royal Canine sensitivity, etc)

Perfect. Sounds like a good plan. I hope they find nothing serious and I wish Bertie a speedy recovery.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you very much :)

You are more than welcome. Thank you for allowing me to assist you today and for choosing Just Answer.