RebeccaC921
RebeccaC921,
Experience:  Expert
110217497

My cat is not eating, 3 days and her energy has decrease,

Customer Question

my cat is not eating
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice this decrease in the cat's appetite? Any changes in energy?
Customer: 3 days and her energy has decrease
JA: Does the cat seem to be in any pain?
Customer: no
JA: What's the cat's name?
Customer: poppy
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: no
Expert:  RebeccaC921 replied 17 days ago.

Hello there,

I am sorry to hear Poppy hasn't been eating. There are many different things which can cause a change in appetite with cats. Have you noticed any vomiting or diarrhoea? Have you seen any changes with thirst? Is it possible she could have eaten anything she shouldn't do? How old is Poppy? Is she an indoor or outdoor cat?

Dr Coles

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
no diarrhoea or vomitting she is a indoor cat
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
no this is fine
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
can u help

There are many different issues which could be going on. she has quite non specific (vague) symptoms of illness. Cats are prone to developing a number of different illnesses including kidney disease, infection within the gallbladder/liver and gastroenteritis. I would recommend that you offer her some small amounts of a fresh/bland food such as boiled chicken, white fish. You can also offer foods which are stronger smelling such as tuna fish to tempt her to eat. I would advise that you have her seen by a vet tomorrow as she will require treatments to help her appetite, depending on what has been the cause. Sometimes treatments may include injections of antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, pain medications and sometimes IV fluids are required. If she has not eaten in a few days, fatty deposits in the liver can occur (hepatic lipidosis) so the longer she doesn't eat then the more likely she is to become unwell. I hope she feels better soon,

Dr Coles