RebeccaC921
RebeccaC921,
Experience:  Expert
110217497

I don’t really know how to explain it is there any chance I

Customer Question

Hello I don’t really know how to explain it is there any chance I can send a picture? Or have a live video? The bottom eye lid is very very red and looks like is covering the eye
JA: The Vet will be able to answer your question, plus any follow-ups you may have. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: its a 7 month old cane corso
JA: Hi there. The Vet will be able to answer your question, plus any follow-ups you may have. What's the Cane Corso's name?
Customer: darko
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: he had a cherry eye operation to the left eye we talking about the right eye
Expert:  RebeccaC921 replied 18 days ago.

Hello there,

You are through to Dr Coles, a UK based vet.

Yes you can send through a photo of Darko's eye. Does he seem bothered or painful with the eye? When did you first notice this problem?

Dr Coles

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
He seems bothered by it and seems to be sore. I noticed his eye lid kinda up about a week ago but it didn’t seem to be abnormal !
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (Z11TVG5)
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Seems is time down a little now but earlier was looking like it was covering most of the eye

That does appear to be the third eyelid which is protruding. It is quite red and inflamed. You mentioned that he had a cherry eye surgery for the other eye. This could be the same problem in this eye. It is not possible to make a diagnosis without seeing him and examining the eye properly but it does look like a prolapsed nictitans gland (cherry eye). I would recommend having him seen by his vet in person as soon as possible as he may need drops to reduce inflammation, etc.

Dr Coles

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thankyou so much for your help. Vets will be called first thing in the morning to book him in