Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 48 years of experience.
55012488

It's got an ear wart and tilted head, Hamster, Ear wart,

It's got an ear wart and tilted head
JA: What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Hamster
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the hamster?
Customer: Ear wart
JA: Where does the hamster seem to hurt?
Customer: It's head is tilted
JA: OK. What is the hamster's name and age?
Customer: Butter 1 year
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Butter?
Customer: No

Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please be patient.

I'm sorry to hear about this with Butter. Can you upload photos of this "wart" to our conversation? You can upload photos by texting them, or by using the paperclip or add file icons above your message box...if you can see those icons on your device. You can also use an external app such as dropbox or navigate to justanswer.com/help/using-justanswer and scroll down to "other".

Customer: replied 19 days ago.

Thank you. Give me a moment to take a look, please.

This is difficult for me to assess from afar. I can't tell if this is a scabbed wound or, instead, caused by bacterial, fungal, or parasitic infection. It's not a wart but other tumors such as melanoma are frequently reported in hamsters. When you touch this, does it feel like a scab (crusty)?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
it's scabby

Thank you. A pocket pet vet will need to remove the scab to see what underlies it - infection or neoplasia (cancer). Treatment would be predicated upon what's found. Please continue in this conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok thanks

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow up in this venue and so please return to our conversation with an update at your convenience.

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.