Teodora B
Teodora B, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Expert
110306982

My cat is deteriorating. Didnt eat for days lost weight. I

Customer Question

Hi my cat is deteriorating. Didnt eat for days lost weight. I took him to vet . Couldnt see what was wrong. Kept him all day did tests. Gave me couple things to give him. Sent me home. He started eating . But now teeth grinding as he eats. He has vomitted twice last night. Hardly going to toilet and getting weaker. I think he will die
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. A lack of appetite can seem worrying. Does the cat also seem more tired than usual?
Customer: He outdoor cat. Not left house for week or more
JA: Does the cat seem to be in any pain?
Customer: No. But disorientated
JA: What's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Names cat. He is 6
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: His stomach rumbling badly
Expert:  Teodora B replied 19 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** will be the expert to assist you today with your vet-related questions.

Expert:  Teodora B replied 19 days ago.

What was their diagnostic, after all the tests they performed?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi. They said they couldnt find anything.
Expert:  Teodora B replied 19 days ago.

I think based on the information you provided (getting weaker, vomiting, "you think he might die"), my best recommendation is to get back to the vet for reassessment in the next 30 min, as an emergency.

Expert:  Teodora B replied 19 days ago.

Please make sure that you call them first, but they do have the duty of care and they need to follow this up, probable with further investigations (like ultrasounds), or even referral to an Internal Medicine Specialist (if they're not confident diagnosing the problem and the little one is deteriorating).