Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

Is this service free? Cat, Lucky is 15, and it started about

Customer Question

Hi is this service free?
JA: Hi there. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Cat
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the cat's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: Lucky is 15, and it started about a month ago she first started being sick and now she will go in her box for a poo and then come out and poo on the carpet. I just don't know what to do? Please help if you can
JA: Does the cat do this all the time or only sometimes?
Customer: She is doing it about 3to 4 times maybe a bit more a week
JA: Have you tried anything so far that helps the cat with this behavior?
Customer: I have stop feeding her at night and i have even sat up with her, she as also put a lot of weight on? I am disabled and it is getting harder and harder?
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Lucky?
Customer: Only that she was very clean till recently and I find it hard to get her in the basket to take her anyway? Also she is forever crying even if i am only in the bathroom and I live in a bungalow!
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok thank you, ***** ***** afford the £27 a month
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Could you please tell me what to do next
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 18 days ago.
Hi there, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear this.A difficulty with posturing in the tray and getting in a cage can often point towards arthritis. Up to 90% of senior cats will have arthritis and benefit from intervention such as medication.Vomiting can an older cat can have many causes including an overactive thyroid, cancer, kidney disease etc and a blood test is a good idea at her age. As she has put on weight (unusual at her age) I would want a vet to have a good feel of her tummy in case of e.g. fluid or a mass.Excess vocalisation can also indicate a medical issue such as an overactive thyroid.Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this soon.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
what to do now?
With her variety of symptoms and as she likely needs a blood test and some prescription medicine, she does need to see a vet and this isn't something we can treat from home.You need to call your local vet who can schedule you in.Please ignore any phone call requests as the website sends these automatically.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Will she call later? Or do i need to find another vet? Also I want to cancel the £27 a month please
As I say, I cannot make phone calls so if you want a vet to call you need to let me know so I can opt out. A call is £16.If you wish to cancel the call and the subscription, you need to contact customer services here:
https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-usApologies I cannot be of more help with this but, as the vet, I have no access to customer accounts.