RebeccaC921
RebeccaC921,
Experience:  Expert
110217497

My cat is not hes self, Hes has started to poo on the floor

Customer Question

My cat is not hes self
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the cat's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: Hes has started to poo on the floor and now he don't want to get out of hes bed and seems withdrawn
JA: Does the cat do this all the time or only sometimes?
Customer: Its becoming more that hes pooing in the house
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Bernie and two There is not a very nice cat in my street which keeps on fighting with him i don't know if that has something to do with it
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: Hes not really eating a lot
Expert:  RebeccaC921 replied 15 days ago.

Hi there,

You are through to Dr Coles. I am a UK based vet. Sorry to hear you are having problems with Bernie. There are many different reasons that a cat can be quiet or not himself. The fact that he doesn't want to come out of bed and seems withdrawn is quite a concern as this does suggest he isn't feeling well. If there is a not very nice cat on the street, it is very possible that they may have gotten into a fight. This can cause abscessation to develop (under the skin sometimes it is not visible) which can cause them to have a temperature and not feel well. I would recommend that you book him a vet appointment for tomorrow so that he can be assessed. He may need blood tests if nothing obvious is found on examination. For tonight I would advise offering him some bland food such as chicken/white fish and keeping him somewhere warm/quiet with water in easy reach.

Dr Coles