RebeccaC921
RebeccaC921,
Experience:  Expert
110217497

My kitten is 9 weeks old and there are lots of black spots

Hi, my kitten is 9 weeks old and there are lots of black spots on her hair and I can see some insects I think it is flea and she is very itchy right now
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Fleas can be tricky to get rid of, but the Expert can share some tips. What's the kitten's name?
Customer: Her name is*****: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Soya?
Customer: she hasn’t done the vaccinations yet
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I have used the flea solutions today

Hello there,

You are through to Dr Coles. I am a UK based vet. What you are describing does sound like fleas. Fleas leave behind flea dirt (faeces) which is like little dark spots through the coat. Fleas are visible to the naked eye and sometimes you can see them jump. What is the name of the flea treatment you have used? it is very important to also treat the house to get rid of flea eggs. I would advise using a spray such as indorex (aslong as you do not have birds or fish) to treat the house, as well as hoovering very frequently, and washing her bedding on a hot wash. It is important to use flea treatment regularly and as she is quite young there are limited products which can be used for her. When she is in for her vaccinations I would advise having her weight checked and using a prescription veterinary flea treatment.

Dr Coles

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
File attached (LGT234L)
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
This is the brand I used
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Cause there is no vets available for appointment due to the lockdown. I used this treatment in the afternoon but there are still lots of fleas on her hair
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
File attached (LTS33MG)

Yes, that definitely appears to be flea dirt.

I would not advise repeating that treatment any more often than once every 4 weeks.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Do you think this treatment works? Or I should take her to the vets?

As advised, I would recommend taking her to the vet for a prescription flea treatment. Prescription medications tend to work better than ones which can be bought over the counter.