Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

My dog has vomited during the night and also messed (wee and

Customer Question

My dog has vomited during the night and also messed (wee and poo). He is lethargic this morning and won’t eat or drink which is very unusual.
JA: A lack of appetite can seem worrying. The Expert will know how to help. Does the dog seem to be in any pain?
Customer: He doesn’t appear to be in pain But is more than usual cuddly
JA: What's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bertie is 4 years old and a sprocker spaniel
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: He has had tummy trouble in the past but has never refused food before
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Do I need to get him to a vet ASAP?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
How long is this going to take?
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 19 days ago.
Hi there, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
Was the poo loose?
Any chance he has eaten something he shouldn't?
Are his gums pink and wet?
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 18 days ago.
Without further information it is very difficult for me to provide the best advice. Please feel free to send on some more details and we can continue the conversation.If Bertie is continuing to vomit, is lethargic, has pale or dry gums or is simply causing you concern, a vet check would be for the best.His symptoms are not specific and could be caused by many things including: Pancreatitis, gastroenteritis, a gut obstruction, a toxin ingestion etc.
It would be sensible to have him checked over and the vet may advise some tests such as a blood test and/or abdominal scan.
Hopefully he is back to his normal self very shortly.