Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

I have a cat with a problem on her left ye, For about 2

JA: Hi there. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: I have a cat with a problem on her left ye
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the cat's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: For about 2 weeks
JA: Does the cat ever go outside? Is she taking any medications?
Customer: is a cat that stays outside and time to time comes to our place and sleep over night
JA: What's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Simba and I think is about 5 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: His eye is closed and watery and he feels pain he doesn't want to eat also
Customer: replied 23 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Hi Chris
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Can it be conjunctivitis?

Sorry to hear of this with Simba, the eye certainly does look sore. As the eye is closed I cannot see it properly, I would be concerned that the eye is painful. This could be a bad case of conjunctivitis, or there could be damage to the eye surface such as an ulcer. As this has gone on for 2 weeks it is unlikely to self resolve. I would advise getting Simba examined by your vet, they may need to use local anaesthetic to examine the eye properly and a special stain to check for ulceration. At the very least topical antibiotics and pain releof are likely to be needed. I would call your vets in the morning to make an appointment for him.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I am concerned that the vet surgery won't take me in as it is not my cat. It's a feral cat and just time to time comes to us to eat and sleep when outside it's raining or too cald
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Giving this virus it's quite hard to get an appointment

They should take him in, they will also be able to check him for a microchip and alert his owner if necessary

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Thanks for your help. I'll try to get and appointment.

You're welcome. Best wishes