Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

She is a 15year old Springer deaf and nearly blind loses her

She is a 15year old Springer deaf and nearly blind loses her balance because her back legs go and she is now incontinent myself and my partner were talking about having Poppy put down because she hasn't got a quality of life what can I do
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: A dog
JA: When did you first notice this change in the dog's urine? Does she seem more tired than usual?
Customer: The last 2 months she sleeps alot
JA: What's the dog's name?
Customer: Poppy
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: She looks like she is losing weight

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

Good morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and would like to help.

Due to the nature of this venue, I cannot diagnose or prescribe but can offer advise and possible home remedies where appropriate. The website will offer a phone call but I cannot make phone calls at this time but am happy to help.

I am so sorry to hear about your precious Poppy. This is such a tough decision for any of us but it does appear that her quality of life has diminished. You can call your local veterinarian or make arrangements with a mobile veterinarian that will come to your home. In general, if you were to bring in Poppy to your veterinarian, they will give Poppy an injection of a sedative that will make her sleepy. After this, the last injection is given and this is very quick and humane. You will have the option of taking her home to bury or have a private cremation or communal cremation I know all too well how difficult this can be but from what you have described, I believe you are doing the right thing for your precious Poppy!! That is the kindest thing you can do for your best friend.
Does that he,p?

Sincerely, ***** *****