RebeccaC921
RebeccaC921,
Experience:  Expert
110217497

My dog has sore he won’t stop licking and if I touch he is

My dog has sore balls he won’t stop licking and if I touch he is in pain
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice the dog was licking himself? Is there also an unusual smell in the area?
Customer: In the last few days maybe 2 days not noticed a smell
JA: Does he also seem more tired than usual?
Customer: Yes he does Thanks for your response btw :)
JA: What's the dog's name?
Customer: Kobe stroud
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: No that’s it
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (T36GG36)

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear you are having these problems with Kobe. Has he had an injury or something that may have triggered this? Is Kobe eating OK?

There are quite a few different things which could be going on. Dogs can develop a moist dermatitis (infection) in the scrotal skin which can be quite irritating. It is important to check that the testicles themselves are not swollen or inflamed. Has Kobe been neutered? It appears in the photo as if he has been. I would advise that you use an antiseptic such as hibiscrub to bathe the area and then apply a soothing cream such as sudocrem. I would advise that you phone your local vet to arrange an appointment and discuss possible underlying triggers such as allergies.

I hope Kobe feels better soon,

Dr Coles

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No injury I’m aware of no. He’s eating okay yes. Just seems very irritated hides to lick! Yes he’s been neutered ages ago. How would I work out if it’s the dermatitis? Thankyou
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The ball area is swollen too
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
You can tell from this angle
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
There’s abut of sudocrem on already hence the wet look

You need to see a vet to determine if he has dermatitis. Especially if the area is swollen, then he may need some oral medications. I would also advise that you place a buster collar on (elizabethan collar) or a pair of pants to stop him licking. The more he licks the area the more likely it is to become infected.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Amazing thanks for your help !