RebeccaC921
RebeccaC921,
Experience:  Expert
110217497

My cat stepped on the stove, I have a photo of the paw need

Customer Question

My cat stepped on the stove, I have a photo of the paw need help really worried she’s walking onit as normal
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the cat's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: today
JA: Does the cat ever go outside? Is she taking any medications?
Customer: yes, no
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: nina 1 year
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: maybe pregnant
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (SM52TSV)
Expert:  RebeccaC921 replied 18 days ago.

Hi there,

You are through to Dr Coles. I am a UK based vet. I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your cat. The paw looks very burnt and sore. I can see where the skin is burnt and starting to peel. It is good that she is walking on it normally, but burns can take a while to start to show fully. Burns often also get infected and they are very painful. I would not advise that you put anything on the paw at the moment as some ointments and things which are designed for people are not suitable for burns. I would not let her go outside at the moment because she is likely to get dirt/debris on the burns. You need to contact your vet ASAP by phone to have her seen as this will be very sore and she needs pain relief & possibly antibiotics. Please call them directly to arrange an appointment.

Dr Coles.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi Rebecca,
Thank you for the quick response. I am very worried about her. Maybe you could help me with some advice. As with so many people I’ve lost my job during Covid and savings have become near enough non existent do you know of any services that help with cat care ?

If you are eligible for any benefits then the PDSA may be able to help you (please contact your local branch via phone). Some vets can offer payment plans via carefree credit. If you are very stuck you can contact the RSPCA/SSPCA and advise them that you cannot afford treatment but that she is hurt. From looking at the photos (obviously not able to assess fully) I do not believe she will require any surgery, however she will need some medications so this could be in the region of around £100 or so depending on what she may require. You could phone your vets and discuss with them first.

Dr coles